Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ground Beef

Each week I am going to try and point out a few GREAT stock up deals, and if possible give you some suggestions on how you can use it. I don't really have the time to post ALL of the grocery deals each week, and there are already people who are awesome at that. While it is great to know what the deals are, it is also nice to have some recipes/ideas on what to do with that good deal! I hope I can give you some new ideas and get you thinking outside the box.

Last week I told you about the banana deal and gave some of my favorite banana recipes. So, this week I see ground beef on sale at Kroger for $1.25/lb. That is a stock up price, I never see it that low. ( I would get some, but we just purchased a cow, sooo...we have A LOT of beef!! ) You may want to consider buying extra and freezing it for the future if it is within your grocery budget. That is a huge key to saving; I will be getting into that more in the next Setting the Table for Savings Post!

You can freeze ground beef raw or cooked. I do both, it just depends on what I want to use it for. Think about what kind of ground beef recipes your family enjoys, and consider making them up and freezing them now. It makes for an easy meal. I don't really have a recipe today, I just want to share some things I make for the freezer.

Raw Beef:
meatloaf
meatballs (can use for spaghetti, meatball stroganoff, sweet and sour meatballs over rice)
hamburger patties

Cooked Beef:
lasagna
soups/chili
spaghetti sauce
enchiladas
stuffed shells
stuffed peppers

Those are things that I regularly make up and freeze. If you buy when things are on sale, the savings really adds up! If you have any questions on how I make and freeze things feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me! Anyways, go get yourself some beef!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks