Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast





This was really yummy! I was trying to come up with a pumpkin recipe the other day, and french toast came out of nowhere. Wait... I think I had just had french toast the day before... what can I say, I LOVE french toast!! This was my first time making stuffed french toast (I always make the regular kind), and I found it really simple to make.

Turns out, I wasn't the inventor of pumpkin stuffed french toast like I had originally thought. (Darn, somebody always beats me to it!!! ) I looked at several recipes and decided to invent my own, cause that's how I roll. You never know if will be good til you try, right? I was really pleased with it, but you should judge for yourself!


Filling Ingredients:

8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Other Ingredients:

bread (8-12 slices, depending on how much filling you want in them)
4 eggs
1 cup milk
dash of cinnamon
butter
cinnamon toast crunch cereal (crushed up), optional

Beat the cream cheese on low. Add in the rest of the filling ingredients; beat on low until incorporated. Now spread this mixture (how ever much filling you like) on one slice of bread; top with another slice of bread. Continue until you have all your "sandwiches" made.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon.

Meanwhile heat a skillet over medium-low heat with a small amount of butter.

Now dip your "sandwiches" into the egg mixture, letting them soak for a few seconds; flip over and soak the other side. Sprinkle with cinnamon toast crunch, if using. Transfer to your skillet, and cook until golden brown, flip and cook other side til golden brown. Serve dusted with powdered sugar, syrup, and more cinnamon toast crumblies!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks