Friday, December 18, 2009

Countdown to Christmas - Cranberry Salad


This recipe comes from my Mamaw Joyce, who is seriously the best cook ever. I can only hope to be half as good of a cook as her one day. She doesn't even have to try...it's like everything she makes is great. After all, she did win the "Betty Crocker Award" in high school...how cool is that! Cranberry Salad is one of my favorite things that she makes...

1/2 package fresh cranberries
1 apple, cored
1 orange, peeled
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup nuts
1 small can crushed pineapple, well drained
1 box cherry jello
1/2 cup water, boiling

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Put all ingredients in a blender and grind. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until set.




1 comment:

Miriam said...

My MIL made this at Thanksgiving, it is really good!!! I think I'll add it to our Christmas Day (or week) menu.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks