Saturday, December 19, 2009

Countdown to Christmas - Honey Butter

I was thinking of a bread recipe to share with you, but opted for something else instead. Why, you may be wondering??? I make homemade bread all the time, BUT it comes from my lovely bread machine. Since everyone doesn't have one, and since I know you all will be having butter with your bread...I decided to go with my honey butter.

Before the recipe I want to share my FAVORITE kitchen machine... well, one of them. Bread Machines were like the greatest invention EVER!!! If you don't own one, and you like bread...then you seriously should spend your Christmas money on one. Better yet, ask around I am sure you will find someone who has one stuffed away in the closet that has never been used. How dare they shun the poor bread machine! It is practically my best friend in the kitchen because it makes my life so much easier. Anyways, here is the butter recipe!

Honey Butter

4 sticks butter
1/4 cup honey
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cut the butter into chunks.

Place butter into the mixers work bowl and beat at a low speed. Beat at medium and add honey, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well combined, about 5 minutes. Remove butter and spoon onto parchment paper or plastic wrap.

Roll into a log and refrigerate for 2 hours.
*This is not only good on rolls, it is great on sweet potatoes!

5 comments:

Simply Life said...

oh i've never had honey butter- sounds wonderful!

Sook said...

Found your blog on foodbuzz and loving it! I look forward to getting more of your recipes!

Velva said...

I am one of those people who have a bread machine stuffed way behind in a kitchen cabinet. I often feel guilty for not using it more often-You are inspiring me! The honey butter looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

We do something like the honey butter but use maple syrup instead. We serve it with waffles, pancakes, and french toast and the boys love it.

Katie said...

Chris, I am going to have to try that...that sounds really good! I look for any excuse to make french toast :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks