Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dana's Coffee Cake

Let me just say that this coffee cake and I go back a long way! I can remember my mom making it many times while growing up. I just loved waking up to the sweet cinnamon smell wafting through the house.


This would be a great thing to whip up on a Saturday morning! It is quick and easy to put together. It is also great because it uses items that most people already have in the pantry!

Cake:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 cup nuts

Combine oil, egg, and milk. Sift together dry ingredients and add to milk mixture. Mix well. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.

*This post is linked to: www.lifeasmom.com ,Tempt My Tummy Tuesday @ Blessed With Grace, Tuesday’s at the Table @ All The Small Stuff

19 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi, Katie! You have an awesome blog! I am in great need of saving money, but my creativity is limited. Your ideas are fantastic and inspirational.

I am going to peruse your place for a little while. Thanks so much!

God bless,

Andrea

Melissa said...

That looks delicious! Thanks!

Lauren @ Crave. Indulge. Satisfy. said...

YUM! I love coffee cake, especially with a crumb topping!

Misty said...

Oh my! Another MUST TRY recipe... Will definitely be trying this SOON! :)

Hoosier Homemade said...

Yum! I love a good Coffee Cake recipe! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Laurie said...

Made this this morning and the kids thought cinnamon rolls were baking.......Oh it smelled so good! Thanks for the recipe!
Laurie

Katie said...

Laurie, Thanks for coming back and telling me that you made it! I love to hear feedback!

MrsJenB said...

Awesome! This looks so great and so easy!! And you're right, it would be perfect Saturday morning food!

Cole said...

Wow, that looks so good! I love coffee cake. :-)

Thanks for sharing with TATT!

Tiffanee said...

Wow! This looks amazing! Can I come over for brunch! Thanks for sharing.

Sherrie said...

Those are ingredients that I always have on hand. I say this will be good for Sunday morning treat. I am offering today edible flowers (and not the Banana Bread that is says) so I hope you have a chance to check it out. Thanks for sharing your recipe, it is a keeper.

Anonymous said...

I sooo love coffee cake!

Unknown said...

What a YUMMY!!! recipe and I love the crumb topping. You have a GREAT!!! blog and I have become a follower, come by and visit maybe yiu can do the same.
Geri

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Oh that looks so good! I love coffee cake and your recipe sounds divine! The only problem is that I could probably eat that entire cake!! :)

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Thanks for stopping by! I just read that you are a dental assistant. I am too! Only I'm not working right now. I've been in the Ortho field the last few years and needed a little break. :)

Sonshine said...

Looks delicious and easy to make! :)

Misty said...

Just came out of the oven... Smells YUMMY!! They should make a candle and name it Dana's Coffee Cake... :) Can't wait to dig in!

Misty said...

Sorry, just had to post again after the "tasting"... you know you have a winner when all 4 kids sit in silence and all they can say in "OOHH!" Then, they came downstairs this a.m. saying "Mom, is there any coffee cake left??"" This is a KEEPER!! :)

Katie said...

Misty, I agree, a coffee cake candle in Dana's honor...she would be rich!!

SO glad the kids loved it!! Next time you have to double it so they can have more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks