Saturday, March 20, 2010

Packing the Pantry

This week proved to be decent for some stock up deals! I spent a total of $20.56 and had a savings of $58.55! That is a total of a 74%!!!!!! I also have a $1 OYNO coupon for Kroger! Not bad considering that I got a lot of healthy items.

The biggest reason I hear for people for not using coupons is that they are only for junk food! I can see where one may start out with that thought, but once you start getting into it you quickly find it isn't necessarily true. A friend of mine, who is knew to all of this, called me this week to share all of the great deals she got. She was so excited and said that her family is eating healthier now that they are shopping with coupons. There are good deals to be found on all products...junk food and good food, you just have to look for them!

Meijer was my biggest stop of the week. I spent $9.21. I got the bagel bites, butter, and chex mix free!!! The juice was $.17!!!! I paid $1 for the whole grain english muffins, which are going in the freezer! The fruit chiller were $1 as was the avocado. I had a rain check for the $1.50 romaine, that is a great price!

Kroger had a great deal on tomatoes...and the are good for a few years I think, crazy! With coupons they were only a quarter! I already had a big stock, but that is as low as I have ever gotten them and I use them a lot in soups. I picked up a cucumber and bacon! Bacon was a great deal...it was on sale for $2.77 and I had $1.50 coupons. So, $1.27 each, but it gets better...there was a catalina for $1 OYNO when you buy 2. That brought the bacon down to $.77, which in my book can't be beat!

Last stop was Aldi's just to pick up a few veggies to get through the week!
Obviously you can see my enthusiasm for this! I have been doing this for quite a while, but I never tire of deals. I love seeing how much I saved for the week... How else could you get all that stuff for $20!!!
What kind of deals did you score this week??? Leave me a comment!



5 comments:

Tiffanee said...

Once again you did awesome!! I had such a fun grocery trip yesterday. I spent 27.00 but got 17 back in catalinas. I was so excited I took pictures just to show my husband all I bought. It took me 4 trips into the store but so well worth it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Misty said...

Well, besides the tomatoes and bacon that you mentioned, Kroger's did have Mott's apple Juice for .99cents as part of their 8 item match up, so I purchased 8 of those (my kids LOVE apple juice) and I stocked up on Poptarts and Nutri Grain bars at Target at about .90 cents a box between their sale and coupons.

One thing I did want to also mention is that I used to stick to Kroger brand items and through couponing I have been able to purchase brand name items cheaper and have now been collecting Box Tops for our schools, which with store brands we weren't able to collect before. So, not only am I SAVING money, our children's schools are also benefitting as they get money for each box top turned in.

Just another reason to give couponing a try... :)

Katie said...

Tiffanee, way to go! I am glad you are getting into couponing...it is so addicting!

Kristen said...

This is so impressive! I need to get my stuff together so I can learn how to do this.
I miss our Kroger. They left Kansas City last year and the new grocery store in town is not at all coupon friendly.

Laurie said...

Lucky you! We only have two grocery stores to choose from WalMart and Brookshire's. So it is much harder to get those great deals. Way to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks