Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

It is another week and I am trying again to come up with healthy meal options. Again, this week snuck up on me and I am scrambling to get this menu done. I have all kinds of yummy meals on the brain, and not a one is healthy!

I don't want to eat the same thing all the time...that gets so boring! While I am trying to prove that eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive, I also want to show that eating healthy doesn't have to be just grilled chicken and broccoli every night. It can be creative and tasty!

I like food. Actually, I love food. I dream about it. It is always on my mind, especially desserts!

On the other hand, I tried my shorts on the other day...yikes. I am afraid all those Starbucks drinks and Graeter's Radio Rolls have taken their toll over the winter. Yes, I am so in love with the Radio Roll, but they really need to come with a disclaimer that they will in fact cause actual rolls to appear in unwanted places!!!!

I am going on vacation in a few short months, and I am not sure my summer wardrobe will be able to make the trip with me...unless I start pounding the pavement more frequently....stick to my diet plans...and hardest of all...lay off the beloved Radio Rolls!

Monday-Beef Cabbage Soup (freezer), Salad
Tuesday- Turkey Smoked Sausage Kabobs, Green Beans
Wednesday-Taco Salad
Thursday-Grilled Pork Chops, Zucchini and Squash Ribbons, Salad
Friday-Dad's birthday dinner...what do you want to eat Dad?
Saturday-Out to Eat
Sunday-Naked Southwestern Burgers, Veggie

4 comments:

Tiffanee said...

Your menu always sounds so good!!

Unknown said...

I feel for you Katie. I to tried on a summer outfit yesterday and it was VERY snug. Although I did hurt my back last Oct. and have had to curb most of my exercise, I still need to get back on my walking program and shed this excess weight. One good thing about summer, we all usually eat lighter meals, so we should be able to get ourselves back on track. :) Your turkey sausage kabobs sound really good. Yay for grilling weather!

Kristen said...

My baby is now 10 months old, and I'm not a step closer to the weight I want to be. I have a few indulgences that I really need to give up!
Where are you going on vacation? Anyplace fun?

Have a great week! Your menu looks delicious, especially the pork chops!

Katie said...

Kristen,

We are going to Hilton Head Island. I have been there once before and it is really nice.

In September we went to Europe, so I wasa little bummed...nothing will really compare with that, but I am now looking forward to the beach!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks