Friday, July 23, 2010

Loaded Potato Salad

I am back! After a week of computer problems and late nights, I think everything is all fixed. We couldn't fix it yourselves so we had to call in the experts. We had someone fix it remotely, and I couldn't believe how long it took them...the experts. Daniel got home late so we didn't start until 10:30, and he didn't finish until 5:45am. Yes, you read it right...over seven hours to remove all of the junk that the loser put on my computer. I stayed up until 4:00 and then I fell asleep...I couldn't make it any longer! I am just so happy that it didn't completely destroy my computer...I was beginning to get worried when it took that long.

On to better stuff...my favorite salad...

I created this recipe a few years ago, and I look forward to making it every summer. If I have a party, you can pretty much bet this will be served.

I have a serious love of loaded baked potatoes, so, I thought... what better to do than to create a loaded potato salad. It is wonderful! I made a half a batch and pretty much ate it for every meal...

5 lbs. red potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
3-4 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
1 cup cheddar cheese
6 green onions, chopped
1 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
salt and pepper to taste

Wash and chop potatoes. Boil until fork tender. Let cool completely.

In a small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch seasoning. Mix into potatoes. Add cheese, green onions, bacon, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined. Refrigerate at least one hour, but it is best served the next day.



This post is linked to www.lifeasmom.com

4 comments:

Misty said...

This salad is right up my alley... it made my mouth water! :) Glad to hear your computer is fixed. :)

Tiffanee said...

Yum! Looks delicious!! Glad the computer is fixed but what a hassle!! Crazy!!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Ooooh, it's like all my favorite foods jumped in a bowl together! Yum!!

Katie said...

Mary, I know...it doesn't get much better than this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks