Friday, August 13, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken

I absolutely love this chicken marinade. It ranks right up there with my other favorite, orange teriyaki chicken! The honey and lime go great together. It is packed with flavor and it is just perfect for a quick summer dinner.

When I find chicken on sale I will usually make up several bags of this to keep in the freezer. All you have to do is pull it out, thaw, and place on the grill. It can't get any easier than that!! I can't tell you how nice it is to have food made up in the freezer...even just a simple marinade saves a lot of time and preparation!

4 boneless chicken breasts

1/2 cup lime juice

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno pepper

Cooking Day: Mix together lime juice, olive oil, honey, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno pepper. Place chicken breasts in freezer bag. Pour marinade over chicken breasts. Freeze in freezer bag.

Serving Day: Thaw chicken completely. Grill over medium heat until chicken is tender and juices run clear.

**You don't have to freeze the chicken. To serve the same day just pour the marinade over the chicken and put in the refrigerator for several hours!


11 comments:

Misty said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Another must try!

Daniel said...

This is awesome! Put it together with some rice or grilled vegetables and it's a great meal!

Michelle S. said...

This sounds so good and easy! Will have to try it!!!!

Sandy's Kitchen said...

Honey and lime is definitely a great combination. Thanks for sharing!

Tiffanee said...

Yum!! I have been waiting and craving this one ever since you mentioned it awhile ago in your menu!! Thanks. I can't wait to try it out.

Katie said...

Tiffanee, I know...it took me forever to post this. Every time I had it on the menu it would get bumped or I would forget the picture. I hope you like it!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this recipe!

Rachel said...

I love honey and lime together. I made a fruit salad this weekend with honey, ginger and lime. Those flavors are just perfect for each other. So good. And this chicken looks fantastic!

Katie said...

Me, Myself and Pie, your fruit salad sounds delicious. Did you post your recipe? I would like to try that. I agree honey and lime are just meant to go together.

Misty said...

Even though I had a BIG OOPS making this, it turned out YUMMY! I used dried cilantro instead of fresh and added almost the ENTIRE 1/4 cup... OOPS!!! Luckily, you were a telephone call away... :)

I made tenders and it reminded me of the Cracker Barrel grilled tenderloins. :)

Katie said...

Misty,

I am so glad you tried it and THANK you for coming back and letting us know...I love to hear if people try it

Yes, so I was really worried about your chicken when you put all of that dried cilantro in there.

I have never had Cracker Barrel's grilled tenderloins?!?! Maybe I will have to try them?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks