The Cutting Back Kitchen is celebrating its FIRST BIRTHDAY!
It is going to be a week long celebration!
The best way to celebrate is through presents, right?
So, make sure you check back through the week because we are going to have a few giveaways!
But first…I wanted to share a little about this past year!
When I started this blog I greatly underestimated just what I was getting myself into. I had wanted to start a blog for a while, and one day with little forethought or plan, “The Cutting Back Kitchen” was born.
Just a wordy girl with some mad savings skillz, a desire to pass on the knowledge, and a serious passion to help women serve up big flavors on a bland budget.
I quickly realized what an undertaking a blog is.
Here are a few things I have learned…
1. It requires a lot of time and hard work...so that means a lot of hours drinking Panera's tea trying to write!
2. I have to keep a "blog calendar/notebook" to keep me organized.
3. I have to keep new recipes coming for you...so I feel bad repeating recipes at home...I hardly ever make the same thing twice.
4. My Nikon has become my best friend…I don't know where I would be without it...and it isn’t easy to photograph food well.
5. I love the outlet blogging gives me...I love writing. I love helping others. I love the challenge. I love the like-minded friends that I have made.
6. Most importantly...I have to constantly keep my eyes fixed on WHY I blog and WHAT I am called to do...I will stumble if I look to my left or my right and compare myself.
In the beginning I fully expected that I would be able to count the number of my readers on two hands…I never would have believed that people from 70 countries would have read what I have to say.
I am so thankful for your loyalty, comments, emails, and encouragement along the way. Many times I felt like giving up and no sooner did I get the words out of my mouth and my blackberry dinged…with a precious email or comment from one of you.
I appreciate all of my readers more than I can express. Thank you for making this an awesome year!
I am super excited to see what the next year holds!
(I decided that I need to get with the program, so The Cutting Back Kitchen is on facebook and twitter...so hop on over the "Like" and "Follow" me!)