Friday, December 3, 2010

Auntie Anne's At-Home Baking Kit (Product Review)

Imagine my excitement when this wonderful package arrived on my doorstep! I have always loved Auntie Anne's pretzels, so I was super pumped to give these a try!


We had a movie and pretzel night...and it was a lot of fun making these. They were a little time consuming. It isn't as quick and easy as slice and bake cookies! That said, I think kids would love making these. If I remember correctly they will take about an hour and a half...including the rise time for the dough!


Once we shaped the dough we had the tough decision of deciding if we wanted to go sweet or salty. We opted for half with salt and half with cinnamon sugar (both were included)! Daniel said he thought the salty ones were the best...and I leaned toward the sweet ones! Both were really good and just a matter of preference.


I guess the big question is did they really taste like Auntie Anne's at the mall?

I think they did...but then again it has been years since I have had one. I avoid the mall at all costs, so I am never near an Auntie Anne's...and my thighs are thanking me for that right now!

I checked at my local Kroger and I believe this package was $6.99. So, it isn't an every day thing to buy, but for an hour and a half of fun...and the deliciousness afterwards I would say it would be a good treat!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yum. The pretzels look so tantalizing!I just passed by Auntie Anne's in the mall Tuesday.Stopped by,thought it over(practically drooling...) Nope. not gonna pay over three dollars for ONE. I have a recipe I am going to try. Hope it works!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks