Sunday, December 5, 2010

Do You Know Him?

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." - Hebrews 13:8



I find so much comfort in this verse.

Everything in the Bible was written in black and white and is unchanging. With God there is no shadow of turning. He is wanting to have the same relationship with us that He did with those we read about in the Bible!

(I read this next little bit this week from "Just Give Me Jesus" by Anne Graham Lotz)

The one who answered Elijah's prayer and sent down the fire to consume the sacrifice on Mount Carmel and then sent down the rain to end the three year drought in Israel is the same person today who hears and answers prayer.

Do you know Him?

If Adam knew Him as a beloved Father,
if Eve knew Him as the original Homemaker,
if Noah knew Him as the refuge for the storm,
if Abraham knew Him as a friend,
if Moses knew Him as the Redeemer,
if Rahab knew Him as the gracious Savior,
if David knew Him as his Shepherd,
if Elijah knew Him as the Almighty,
if Daniel knew Him as the lion tamer,
if Mary Magdalene knew Him as the bondage breaker,
if Martha knew Him as the promise keeper,
if Lazarus knew Him as the Resurrection and the Life,
if Bartimaeus knew Him as the Light of the World,
if John knew Him as the glorious King upon the throne,
surely you and I can know Him too!

We serve a mighty God. Isn't it amazing that God wants to know each and every one of us on a personal level? It never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

cherielynn09 said...

Hey kate!!

I know I say it ALL the time...but I sure do love me some Faith of a Foodie!!!

Is is hard for us to comprehend an UNCHANGING God...because WE ourselves are always changing???

My goal has to become to change in the way HE wants mechange....to become more like Him!!

I know....I know....I have a LONG way to go!!! LOL My nasty "self" seems to always get in the way...BUT....He has a gentle way of pointing that out to me and setting me back on His path!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks