Sunday, March 13, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I have been drawing a blank when it comes to new ideas for healthy menus lately. It doesn't come easy...my brain thinks in terms of cupcakes and brownies not veggies! It is so nice to have some healthy meals and starters in the freezer for dinner. It makes menu planning a no brainer...

Are you into freezer cooking?



Monday- Ham Fried Rice
Tuesday-
Parmesan Garlic Chicken (freezer), Green Beans, Salad
Wednesday- Steak, Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli
Thursday- Black Bean Soup (freezer), Salad
Friday- Out to Eat
Saturday- Out to Eat
Sunday- Cobb Salad

5 comments:

Misty said...

I love freezer cooking! It just blesses me to see a stocked freezer and to know that this is a way I am able to help my family financially while staying home with my kids.

I have been freezer cooking all last week (chicken) and now this week (ground beef).

Did you try the chicken pineapple friend rice last week? If so, how was it? Can you share the recipe? :)

Katie said...

Misty,

You are hilarious...a stocked freezer blesses you!! Too cute :)

Great job on the freezer cooking. I didn't get to the fried rice...we went out with familly for dinner that night. I will let you know as soon as I do!

Heather said...

I freezer cook in small amounts usually. But, Misty, you inspired me last week talking about ground beef. I fried up 25lbs. That was a record for me. It only took an hour plus I made some other items in that time as well. I felt really productive and I know it will save me soooo much time with baseball season starting.

Katie said...

Heather, 25 pounds, that is awesome!! I have found too that adding more on doesn't always take that much extra time. I know that will make for some easy dinners!!

Misty said...

Wow Heather, that is AWESOME! Trust me, it'll definitely come in handy once sports starts up. I am proud of you! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks