Monday, April 11, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I should be feeling relief right now. The house remodeling is finally complete, the shower is over and went well, and the cakes of the week are all completed!!!! Now that the bulk of everything is finally over I will be around the blog more. I have missed blogging so very much and I have so many ideas running through my head. I am excited to sit down and get to work...both writing and creating recipes!

Once I go through my pictures I will share some of my sister's bridal shower. This was my first bridal shower (to throw), and it was a lot of fun to plan. Of course, I had to do it up Katie style, but also wanted it to be nice without looking cheap.

By the way...Katie style is code for "budget". It just seems to sound a little better, doesn't it?

SO...I made everything myself and tried to give it a personal touch. Since I love others things besides food, I will probably be sharing it all on here soon along with pictures and how-to's. If you are planning a shower, or any party for that matter, make sure you check back!

Just keeping it real...I have eaten way to many mini cupcakes and pieces of cheesecake this week. It's like the calories don't count when things are all cute and bite sized. In efforts to make healthy food sounds as appetizing as cupcakes, I am trying several new recipes that are both healthy and easy. I will let you know how those work out!




Monday- Dinner with Friend

Tuesday- Thai Style Chicken with Asian Crunch Salad

Wednesday- Western Egg Scramble, Fresh Fruit

Thursday- Chicken Strawberry Salad

Friday- Garlic Grilled Steak, Sesame Asparagus

Saturday- Parent's Birthday Dinner

Sunday- Out to Eat

What is on your menu this week?

4 comments:

Dmarie said...

love mini anything, but you're absolutely right. it means permission to eat MORE!!

Misty said...

I am so glad to hear the shower went well, I can't wait to see EVERYTHING! :) I bet everything was BEAUTIFUL!!

Can't wait for tonight's dinner with a friend! :)

Medifast Coupon said...

Good for you everything homemade, look forward to seeing lots of pictures.

Katie said...

@ Dmarie: Yes, mini calories don't even count :)

@ Misty: Looking forward to it! It's been too long!

@ Medifast Coupon: I will be sharing them soon!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks