Friday, December 11, 2009

12 Days of Christmas "Cookie Style" - Chocolate Cherry Cookies

Chocolate Cherry Cookies

These and candy cane cookies are my absolute favorites! I have never had a Christmas where I didn't make these!!!! They are very rich, chocolaty, and delicious. I love their uniqueness, I have never had anything like them. They also freeze well, I usually make them up a few weeks before Christmas and you would never know.

These are a childhood favorite! My aunt Cherie makes them every Christmas, and I would always eat a ton of them. I just love family recipes!

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa
6 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
4 teaspoons cherry juice
cherries

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Cream together margarine, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
Sift together flour, salt, soda, baking powder, and cocoa.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat with mixer until incorporated.
For icing-melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed mil, and cherry juice on stove top.
Roll dough into balls. Make indentation on the top and top with a cherry. Put icing on top of that.
Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks