Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your families! I will be spending the rest of the week relaxing, enjoying family time, and remembering the reason we celebrate.

I was rushing around shopping and running last minute errands this week and I began to really think about Christmas. Every one is searching for the "perfect gifts" to give, but THE perfect gift was already given. I thought about how it must break the heart of God to see us forgetting the gift that was given to the world two thousand years ago. Baby Jesus who was born in the lowly manger grew up to be the Savior of the world. THAT IS the WHOLE reason we celebrate.

If it were not for Jesus, we would have NO hope at all, but because of Him we can spend eternity in Heaven. What a gift! It makes me very happy to know that Jesus is my Savior. What a reason to celebrate this Christmas!

2 comments:

cherielynn09 said...

I TOTALLY agree Kate!! AND what a wonderful blessing to belong to a family where we live Christ centered lives!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Cherie

P.S. I am looking for the chocolate chip pecan pie recipe....I can't find mine and need to start RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Misty said...

Merry Christmas to you, Katie! I must say that I have taken the things you have taught me and run with them and this Christmas I was able to for once, give homemade gifts to pratically all teachers, bus drivers, neighbors etc. and it truly 1. saved money but 2. helped us keep our focus on Christ this Christmas and the true menaing!

Thank you for you blog and the time you put into it. God is truly blessing those who read it and put it into practice and He is blessing you. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks