Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Apple Crisp


I made this wonderful Paula dessert last week with some apple we needed to use up! See, eating from the pantry can be quite yummy!

Mine came out with a little more crisp to apple ratio than I prefer, but I used smaller apples than the recipe called for. I had to make do with what I had on hand! So, I would advise large apples or use more if you have smallish ones.

6 large apples (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1/4 cup water
juice of 1 lemon
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tablespoon cinnamon
2 sticks melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the apples, water, and lemon juice in an 8x8 inch baking pan. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour in the butter and stir to make a crumbly mixture. Spread the topping in an even layer over the apples and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the topping is crisp and browned.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Sounds like another yummy recipe girl! Gotta love Paula! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks