Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Favorite Roast

I am definitely a beef kinda gal! Especially when it comes to a good roast; I really don’t think there is anything quite as good. I shared my Harvest Pot Roast a while back, so now it is time to share my other favorite roast recipe. I am sure you have seen this on my menu plan a hundred times, it's pretty popular here!

This recipe has several great qualities…

1. I can put it in the crock pot in the morning and when I get home the whole house smells like I have been cooking all day (that makes a workin’ girl feel good).
2. It is versatile…meaning it is great with mashed potatoes or shredded and served over egg noodles. So, make it with mashed potatoes for dinner and serve the leftovers over egg noodles! That is if there is any leftovers.
3. You probably have most of the ingredients on hand. I always have cream of mushroom soup in the pantry and chuck roasts in the freezer. The only thing you probably don’t have is golden mushroom soup.

A friend at work gave me the recipe and assured me that you can’t taste the mushrooms at all! Daniel hates mushrooms and loves this roast. If you have finicky eaters I would just put the soups in the blender so they don’t get the mushroom chunks…they will never know!


Chuck Roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can golden mushroom soup

Place the roast in a crock pot. Combine soups (puree if desired) and pour over roast. Cook on low 8-10 hours.

*The amount of soup is really based on how big your roast is. Last time I had a huge roast so I just doubled the soups.

This post is liked to www.lifeasmom.com

1 comment:

Misty said...

I definitely will be trying this, especially with the buy one, get one at Kroger's this week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks