Sunday, January 24, 2010

Faith of a Foodie - Abraham

I shared at the start of the month that I will be reading through the bible this year. I have set myself up so that I can't fail, well, it would be hard to at least. 1. I am accountable to all of you, I told you I was going to do it. 2. I am accountable to my dear friend, who holds me very accountable! I know I better do it, because when we talk she is going to ask me! It is ok, I do the same with her!

Here is something I found interesting this week in my reading of Abraham. God promised Abraham that he would bless him and he would become the father of a great nation. The only problem...he had no children. God waited until Abraham was very old before fulfilling his promise, yet Abraham had faith. The older I get, the more I realize that people don't always mean what they say or say what they mean. Promises are broken every day in friendships, marriages, the government, and really everywhere you look. Not true with God, he always keeps his promises! The Bible is full of promises, and He keeps each and every one of them.

He has promised...

Supply your every need
Make all things will work together for the good of those who love and serve him
His grace is sufficient for us
Fogiveness of sins
Be our refuge and ever present help in times of trouble
Hear us when we call to Him
The hope of eternal life

Those are just a few I thought of...isn't it great to be able to cling to God's promises!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks