Saturday, January 9, 2010

Faith of a Foodie - Elohim my Creator

I have been doing a Bible study with a friend that studies the names of the Lord. One that has really spoke to me is, Elohim, God our Creator. Of course I knew that God created me, but I didn't really grasp the fullness of that until I studied it.

Isaiah 43 says, "Thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you ,O Israel...I am the LORD your God {Elohim}...you are precious in my sight...everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, even whom I have made" (Isaiah 43:1,3,4-7).

He created each of us for a purpose, He made us each unique, and He gave us the gifts He wants us to have. I guess the reason this hit me so hard, is that I am the first to doubt that God has a plan for me or I run from it because I feel unequipped.

The story of Moses first came to mind when I was studying this. Moses had politely told God that he couldn't fulfill what He had called him to do(aren't we guilty of that a lot)because of his speech impediment. He clearly overlooked that the God who spoke the world in motion, had a plan for his life and the power to fulfill it.

If we give our Elohim what we have, He will use it for His glory. I know that the gifts I have may not be what I would have chosen for myself, but I truly believe that God has a reason. God doesn't make mistakes...I am fearfully and wonderfully made. He wants to use me, and you, for His glory!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Thank you for sharing... Don't we all feel unequipped like Moses sometimes? It is nice to be reminded that God is our Elohim (creator) and that NOTHING shocks Him or was made without His hand. I really enjoy "Faith of a Foodie" Sundays...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks