Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

This is my first menu from the “Eating from the Pantry Challenge”. Everything on this menu is coming from things I already had on hand, except for a few perishables that I may need to buy. I have also included our breakfast and lunch menu…so you can get an idea of how we are doing this.

Now, my meals may look kind of boring…not because that is all I had on hand, but because I am trying to watch what I eat. So, that means a lot of salads for me! After the holidays it really needs to be done. I have done the South Beach diet before, but this time it is the Katie diet…I made it up…no weighing myself, just eating healthy and exercising (ugh, no fun). I am hoping it works…

Did anyone else start dieting in January?

Monday- Apple Cider Sauteed Chicken, Vegetables
Tuesday- Taco Salad
Wednesday- Bean Soup (freezer), Salad
Thursday- Steak, Balsamic Pear Salad
Friday- Out to Eat
Saturday- Roasted Turkey Breast, Garlic Green Beans, Applesauce (freezer)
Sunday- Eggs, Bacon, Toast or Whole Wheat Pancakes??

Breakfast menu: cereal, eggs, toast, oatmeal, fruit smoothies (fruit from freezer)

Lunch menu: tuna salad sandwich (bread from the freezer), soup (freezer), more salad

Snacks: applesauce, pudding cups, vegetables, fruit, pretzel rods,

2 comments:

Michelle said...

good luck with the Pantry Challenge!

Misty said...

I really liked the addition of your breakfast, lunch and snack options for this week...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks