Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Smoked Sausage, Macaroni, and Tomatoes

I have just recently started to explore “easy” meals. It isn’t that my husband expects a big meal on the table, quite the contrary. He has always requested tomato soup and grilled cheese, but it rarely graces our dinner table. Maybe it is because I am kind of picky myself, maybe I just like to cook, maybe I try to be a modern day Betty…I don’t know why, probably a little bit of all.

The problem is that most nights I just don’t have the time to cook a big meal… then dinner ends up being Qdoba or Pizza. In effort to keep with my menu plans I started cooking “easy” meals on those busy nights.

My husband had mentioned many times how much he liked macaroni and tomatoes. I had never had it, or even heard of it. I finally decided to make it and I couldn’t believe how much I loved it. It is about the easiest meal you could make. There is nothing to it...



1 pkg. smoked sausage
1 box macaroni
2 cans diced tomatoes (I used the chili seasoned kind but use what you like)
1 small can tomato sauce

Cook macaroni according to package directions. While macaroni is cooking, chop the smoked sausage into smaller pieces. Drain macaroni and put back in pot. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Place your smoked sausage on top and simmer until the sausage is warmed through.

*This makes a lot of food. If you have a smaller family you may want to consider cutting it in half by using half of the macaroni and one less can of tomatoes. That way I won’t be eating the leftovers all week.

1 comment:

Kerry D. said...

Do you drain the tomatoes? (I havn't used these before but I assume there is liquid in the can.)
Thanks, this looks good. kerrydi@pacbell.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks