Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blueberry Streusel Muffins

I am real muffin kind of girl! I love muffins of all kind, but blueberry is my favorite...with cranberry orange a close second. I only have one requirement of muffins I eat, and that is they can't be naked...tops, that is! They must have streusel or at least sugar for a topping!

This blueberry streusel muffin fits the bill. I eat them for breakfast, but it is borderline dessert. The brown sugar and sour cream lends a wonderful flavor that most muffins are lacking!

I found the recipe over at Tammy's Recipes! Head on over there and check out her blog, she posts some amazing recipes!


Muffin Batter
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups fresh or frozen whole blueberries


Streusel Topping
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup rolled oats


In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.


In a separate bowl, briskly whisk the eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla, and sugar. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moist. Gently stir in blueberries.


To make streusel topping, combine butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and press with a fork to mix. Add oats and mix until coarse crumbs form.


Fill greased or paper lined muffin pans 2/3 to 3/4 full of batter. Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of topping on each muffin.


Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20-23 minutes, until done. Cool in pan for 5minutes and then remove and cool on wire racks.


Freezer instructions:

I freeze baked muffins all the time. Once they cool, I wrap each one in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. To serve let thaw at room temperature or defrost in microwave. They taste just a fresh!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks