Thursday, May 6, 2010

Great Deals - Unlikely Places

Remember how I mentioned how important it is to know your prices? (Did I mention that or try to drill it in your head????)

I went to Dollar Tree tonight and I actually looked around. You know how it is, you go in for what you need and don't take the time to browse. Well, I was browsing away and look what I found...


Yes!!! Bags of cheese for $1!!! This is a stock up price for me, using coupons!!! Now I don't have to wait for the yearly deal!!!

I say all this to tell you two things:

1. You have to know your prices...to know a good deal when you spot one and to pass up a not so good deal

2. Look everywhere for deals...I am surprised at all the unlikely places deals can be found

Ok, make that three things...

3. Head on down to your nearest Dollar Tree and stock up on some cheese!

This post is linked to Frugal Friday at www.lifeasmom.com

8 comments:

Tightwad Mom said...

I love a great deal! I just scored 100% grape and pineapple juice for a dollar a 64 oz bottle at our local dollar store. My children were in Heaven! You have a fabulous website!!!!

Katie said...

Tightwad mom- that is an awesome deal on juice...I love dollar stores!

Thanks for reading the blog, I really appreciate it :)

Jessica said...

Never even knew they sold food?! I'm loving being in Florida for this short time so I can do all the deal shopping. Publix had some great deals and I got so excited. My husband just looked at me like I was crazy. :)

C.G. Koens said...

Our local Dollar Tree doesn't have cheese, but I have been able to get loaf bread, hamburger and hotdog buns that would normally run $2.29 - $3.99 at the store, for $1!! I wrap them in foil and put them in a freezer bag and then when I need them, I pull them out and thaw them. In no time I have hotdog buns for an impromptu party! LOVE Dollar Tree! :-) Great post!

Katie said...

Jessica, I am glad you get to grab a few deals before going back to Germany!!! I am so happy for you guys...and Angie is just beautiful :)

Katie said...

Carrie, That is a great deal on buns! I saw that ours had bread and buns too!

a busy mom getting through life said...

Thanks for tip. I was there the other week and I had something else on my mind and didn't even think to look.
am I the only one that does this?

a busy mom getting through life said...

Thanks for tip. I was there the other week and I had something else on my mind and didn't even think to look.
am I the only one that does this?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks