Sunday, May 16, 2010

Caring For Your Garden

I have been writing about gardening...God's way! If you are new to reading, I talked about how it's not all about the tools in the first post. The next week I shared about weeding your garden!

Growth Comes From Faithful Watering

"What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus as my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him..." - Philippians 3:8-9

As a Christian we should have a desire to be like Christ. In order to be like Christ, we have to know him. In order to know him, we must spend time with him. We have to water ourselves spiritually or we will shrivel up and bear no fruit.

It is imperative that we spend time daily with the Lord so we can learn his ways and become like him. Reading your Bible and spending time in prayer doesn't just happen...you have to dedicate time for it. It has to become a priority in your life.

Make a plan and find a way to hold yourself accountable. I committed to read the Bible through this year. It has made a tremendous impact in my life, I am reading things I don't ever remember reading.

How do you read through the Bible?

2 comments:

Tightwad Mom said...

I love this post! I use to read my scriptures cover to cover, but now I let the spirit,and challenges in my life guide what I read. I seem to always passages that give me the strength I need.

Anonymous said...

I am reading the Bible chronologically. Thanks to your Dad and Mom for the suggestion. I love it when God sheds new light on something I have read before but never impacted me like it has now. God is good. Wanda Eichler

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks