Thursday, June 24, 2010

Self Rising Flour

I can't believe I have failed to share this kitchen tip. While making a peach cobbler this week, a delicious one at that, I realized the recipe called for self rising flour. I have only had a few recipes ever call for it, so I don't bother keeping it on hand.

You can make your own as I did, and save yourself from buying flour you will probably never use. Here is the formula:

1 cup self rising flour=

1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt

Sift together and use in recipe!

3 comments:

Tiffanee said...

Wow! Thanks!! I never keep it on hand either and thought I jsut couldn't make the recipe if it calls for self-rising flour. Now I am excited because I won't have to pass them up now!! Thanks again!!

Tightwad Mom said...

Thanks,this is the perfect frugal tip! I am with you, I never keep it on hand because I use it once a year...maybe.
I am going to write this down and tape on the inside cover of my cookbook.

jayayceeblog said...

I am bookmarking this one right now so I can find it when I need it. Thanks!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks