Thursday, January 20, 2011

Western Egg Scramble

A.LOT.OF.EGGS.

That has been my life for the month of January!

I decided I needed to venture out and find some new and creative ways to prepare them. I wasn't sure I could complete this mission, but I think I succeeded at creating at a pretty awesome egg recipe. This is pretty filling so it is something I make for dinner for the two of us, along with some fruit.

(Please don't be scared off by the addition of cream cheese. I promise that the cream cheese is what makes this recipes so awesome!)



1/2 cup chopped peppers
1/4 cup onion
1/2 cup chopped ham
2 oz. cream cheese, cubed
5 eggs
splash of milk
salt/pepper

In a skillet saute the onions, peppers, and ham in a little butter (I use a few sprays of I can't believe it's not butter) until tender. Meanwhile mix the 5 eggs with a splash of milk. Add eggs into the skillet and cook like regular scrambled eggs. When they are about 3/4 done add in cream cheese. Continue to cook until cream cheese is melted and mixed.

Serves 2-3

8 comments:

Tightwad Mom said...

Sounds delicious, Katie. We are big egg fans here,so this recipe will be an instant hit. Thanks for sharing!

Misty said...

I tend to eat eggs one way... get sick of them, leave them for awhile and then repeat the cycle over. This recipe looks yummy because it has everything good about an omelet, without the hassle. :) I will be trying this out soon, adding it to my list now. :)

Katie said...

Tightwad Mom,

I bet the kids will like it...and you will like how easy it comes together!

Katie said...

Misty,

I hear ya! I am not a huge fan to begin with, but if I ate another fried egg I was going to get sick. Yes, I think it is much easier than an omelet...I am not a great egg cooker?!?

Shelby McDevitt said...

That looks absolutely delish! Gonna have to steal the recipe and make for home, my boys go through >gasp< 11 eggs in 1 morning...crazy i know!! We have to actually buy the 2.5 dozen egg carton lol.

PS: I left you a little award on my blog today!

Katie said...

Shelby,

Wow, that is a lot of eggs!!

Thanks for the award...it is much appreciated!

SnoWhite said...

This does look good :)

Burgers Recipes said...

This was a loveely blog post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks