Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blessed are the Peacemakes: A Study of the Beatitudes

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." -Matthew 5:9

If we think back to all of the beatitudes we will see how they build on each other.

We are to see our poverty of our Spirit.

How we are nothing without God.

We are to have a meek spirit.

We are called to show mercy.

We are to strive to please and honor Him with a pure heart in all that we do.

As peacemakers we are called to create peace with others. To get past our own selfish feelings and love the unlovable. To speak up when others are tearing someone down.

When we see others through the eyes of Christ it makes it easier to create peace. God is peace and when we have seen God, we have seen true peace.

The more I thought on this and Jesus calling me to be a peacemaker, the more it took on additional meaning to me. I began to think about the peace that I have in Jesus. The peace that no matter what happens to me, I know that my future is secure. Oh, what a message we need to share. We are called to spread the message of peace with the lost.

One of my favorite hymns came to mind...It Is Well With My Soul. When peace like a river attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot thou hast taught me to say. It is well, it is well, with my soul. What a beautiful song with a beautiful message. A message that so desperately needs to be shared.


Let's go share the peace of God and bring lightness to a dark world.

2 comments:

Tightwad Mom said...

Beautiful message, Katie! It's so true, when we over come our selfishness and try to mimic Christ's example we grow in ways we can not fathom, and are blessed for our efforts. Not always easy to accomplish, but well worth it in the end!

Misty said...

What a timely and beautiful message. I have just enjoyed each of these posts, but this one is really meaningful to me as I have been known to tear down instead of create peace. I desire each of these Beatitudes to come alive within me, but this one just really hit home.

I LOVE FOF!

OH, My fav hymn is "It is well with my soul"! That is so cool! We didn't even know that about each other. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks