Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12 Days of Christmas "Cookie Style"-Haystack

Haystack Cookies


These are so simple, and great for the kids to make. I was asked to bring these for a cookie exchange one year, and I almost felt too guilty to bring them. They are too easy...I felt like I should have made something more difficult. Oh well, they asked for them. I continually get recipe requests for these yummy, simple cookies. If you like butterscotch go ahead and give these a try, you won't be disappointed.

1 package butterscotch chops
1 heaping tablespoonful peanut butter
1 bag dried chow mein noodles
2 oz. peanuts

Melt the chips and peanut butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds so they don't scorch. Once melted, stir in chow mein noodles and peanuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Put in the refrigerator to cool. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Even if you DON'T like butterscotch, you should still try these! I'm not a butterscotch fan, but I can chow down on these cookies!!

Melinda said...

These look really yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks