Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Countdown to Christmas - Apple Cranberry Salsa

I thought for the first recipe I should start with the meat, the main thing. I don't have much advice on baking a ham, it is kind of self explanatory. So, what does everyone make to go with the ham? A glaze or sauce! In my case though, I make a "salsa". You should give this a try this year, it is so good! I saw it in an ad in a Paula Deen magazine a few year ago. I immediately wrote it on my menu for Christmas dinner. The flavors go so well with the ham...and it is now the only sauce I will make with Ham.

2 medium apples
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 ham glaze packet (it comes with a spiral sliced ham)

Chop and core apples; toss them with the lemon juice.
Melt the butter in skillet, add walnuts. Stir in apples, cranberries, maple syrup, and glaze packet and mix until it dissolves. Bring to a boil. Spoon over ham.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks