Friday, January 22, 2010

Kitchen Tip

Have you ever wondered what to do with a whole bag of onions? I always bought the big bag because it was a better deal, even if we didn't need them all. After throwing many onions away I thought I needed to find something to do with them (or just quit buying them in bulk).

My solution...freeze them! I go ahead and chop them all up and place in freezer bags for future recipes! No more wasting going on here! Plus, you always have onions on hand when you need them!

Freezing onions does change the texture a little bit, they aren't as crisp. Don't use them raw, but rather saute them, use them in casseroles...and anything like that!

This post is linked to Frugal Fridays at www.lifeasmom.com

3 comments:

Misty said...

Hmmm, Good tip to know. :)

LivingSoAbundantly said...

Thank you for posting that. I will try this next time. =)

TopazTook said...

Thanks for the idea. There is only so much onion soup one family can stand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks