Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cheddar and Spinach Pie

Cheddar and Spinach Pie is one of my favorite dinners. My friend, Roberta, gave this recipe to me several years ago and we have enjoyed it many times. We are big on the quiches in this house, so this is right up our alley! I wouldn't classify it as a quiche...it is egg-y but not as egg-y as a quiche. Does that make sense? You may just have to be a quiche connoisseur to understand!

I love that this is such a quick dinner, you will have it whipped up in no time! It is great paired with a nice garden salad for dinner or with a colorful fruit salad and served for brunch.


8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
2 tablespoons flour
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 oz. frozen spinach, cooked and drained

Toss the cheese with the flour. Mix eggs, milk, and salt. Stir in the cheese and spinach. Pour into a well greased 9" pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

*You can assemble the pie in the morning and refrigerate. Just let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour before baking if it has been chilled!

2 comments:

Daniel said...

This recipe is great! I always go back for seconds.

deb j said...

dj says 'I'm a subscriber"

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Cookbooks